This article explains the different steps of a leave request approval workflow, from the employee submitting the form to the approval or rejection of the HR's request.
Approve or reject a leave request
timer 10 min.
- Set up an approval workflow for leave requests
- Validate or reject the leave requests
- Monitor the approval statuses of each request
- An employee sends a leave request via a Google Form to you as an HR
- Your HR department will review the request (or generated file) to validate or reject it or ask for more information
How does the leave request approval work?
1. An employee answers a Google Form to submit a leave request
2. You (as an HR) receive an email to accept or reject the request
In your responses spreadsheet, the PENDING status lets you know that approval is requested.
3. You approve the leave request
From the email you received, click Approve.
Your employee will then be notified by email.
The [Form Publisher] Approval status PENDING from your responses spreadsheet is replaced by APPROVED.
If you open the generated file (under [Form Publisher] Sheet URL), the approval status will automatically update accordingly.
4. You reject the leave request
If you decide to reject a leave request, the process will be the same as the approval. The main difference is that PENDING is replaced by REJECTED.
5. You request further information on the leave request
This option is useful if you need additional information from your employee before making your decision.
From the email you received, click Approve / Reject, insert your comment and click Request information.
FEEDBACK REQUESTED will appear under the approval status of your responses spreadsheet.
Your employee will receive the following notification with your comment (if you added one), where he can edit his form to update his answers.
If you are satisfied with the new generated file, you can accept or reject the updated leave request (see 3. You approve the leave request and 4. You reject the leave request) and add a final comment.