After automatically generating your files, Form Publisher lets you share them with your recipients. Read this article to learn how to configure your sharing options and email notifications.
How to receive notifications in your Google account (the owner of Form Publisher settings)?
Once you are on your 'Sharing options and notifications' sidebar, by default a PDF will be sent to the owner when a response is submitted:
You will receive an email notification with the PDF file each time a recipient will fill out the form:
If you don't want to receive a PDF in your inbox, click the PDF icon to open the different options:
From this dropdown list, you can choose to:
- Send a PDF of the generated file
- Share your Google Doc (or Sheets, Slides) with editing access
- Export and share your file as a Microsoft Word document (or Excel, PowerPoint)
- Remove your email account if you don't want to be notified
How to notify form respondents?
Method 1: Collect email address
Note: In most cases we advise you to do the above. However, in certain use cases you need to manually add an 'email' question.
Please refer to 'Method 2: Use a question marker' section for more information.
If you want to collect email addresses from a connected form, read step 2 of our article:
How to notify form respondent on each connected form?
From your original Google Form, open the settings:
Then, select 'Collect email addresses' > click ‘SAVE’:
A new required question appears on your Google Form:
Then open your ‘Sharing options and notifications’ sidebar, select ‘Notify Form respondent’:
'Form respondent' automatically appears in the list of recipients. By default, the Form respondent will receive the generated file as a PDF.
Click the PDF icon to open the different options:
In the above example, we decided to keep the PDF file.
Finally, save your Form Publisher configuration by clicking ‘Next’ or ‘Save’.
Method 2: Use a question marker
From your connected form, ‘Email address’ question appears at the bottom of your Google Form.
If you want to notify your form respondents on your connected form, you need to create an ‘Email address’ marker. To do so, open Form Publisher from your connected form. Click ‘Get started’:
Configure Form Publisher from this step:
Once you are at the ‘Sharing options and notifications’ step, add the <<Email address>> marker:
Your Form Publisher configuration is now saved on your connected form!
How to notify other people?
On the 'Sharing options and notifications' sidebar:
- Under ‘Add recipient’ enter your recipient’s email address
- Choose the delivery format (PDF, Google format with Edit/Comment/View access, Microsoft format)
- Click 'Add':
Once your email address appears under ‘Sharing list’, click ‘Next’ to save your configuration:
In our example:
- email@example.com will receive an email with the PDF (the owner of the Google Form)
- firstname.lastname@example.org will receive an email with the Google Doc in Edit mode
- Each time a respondent submits the form, he will receive an email with the PDF