By default, after respondents submit a Google form, they cannot change their answers. You can enable such changes by selecting the Enable response editing option in Form Publisher.
Enable the Collect email addresses option in the Google Forms settings.
- From the Menu in Form Publisher, select File generation options.
- Select Enable response editing.
When you select Enable response editing in the File generation options screen, Form Publisher automatically enables the option Allow response editing in the Settings tab in Google Forms, as shown below.
- Click Save to save the configuration.
After respondents submit the Google Form, a message indicates that their submission is recorded. Under the same message, the Edit your response link is available.
With Enable response editing selected (without enabling Edit existing files in place), Form Publisher does the following three things:
- generates a new document every time someone edits their answers
- stores each new document without overwriting the previously generated documents for the same respondent
- the new document has the same filename as the original
To avoid saving multiple documents after each edit, you can enable Replace existing files on edit. For more information, see Update generated documents with edited answers.