Find out about the latest releases of Form Publisher in 2021!
- From the new Form Publisher add-on for Google Sheets, you can now access the Help Center and the Contact Form.
- We noticed that if your generated document contained a long URL which was displayed on multiple lines, the PDF viewers couldn't detect it and only one segment of the url was clickable. We are happy to say that this is no longer the case.
- You can enable the "Edit after submit" option in the "Sharing options and Notifications" sidebar even if you are using an additional template. It will now be successfully generated!
- Did you see the error message “Something went wrong when executing the add-on” after you click Select output file formats in Form Publisher for Google Sheets. We noticed that too and have now resolved it.
- Form Publisher in Google Forms started to generate Google Docs templates which no longer included the marker name before the actual marker. For example, if you were used to seeing Venue Name: <<Venue Name>> in the generated Google Docs template, the issue was that now only <<Venue Name>> would appear. We’re glad to share that Form Publisher again adds the marker name.
- When files regeneration is triggered after an edited form response, Form Publisher is back to correctly saving the regenerated files in the configured folder instead of in the root (top-level) folder of your Google Drive, which was incorrect.
- A recipient did not receive a notification if you switch their document type to one that is not configured for any of the other recipients. For example, a single recipient did not receive a PDF file if PDF is not configured for any of the other recipients. This issue is now resolved.
- We also resolved the issue of form respondents not receiving a document type which was not configured for any of the other recipients.
The issue with new users with approval workflow signatures for whom the form response was not being updated in the spreadsheet is now resolved
- We fixed the annoying issue of Form Publisher not saving your selection in the Insert as image check box after closing or minimizing the Form Publisher add-on
- Fixed the file generation issues for forms the questions of which contain special characters ([, ], #, %, $, .) which were also configured with enabled Edit after submit option
File names of generated documents are now also updated for forms with Edit after submit enabled
We've resolved Form Publisher issues related to approval emails not being sent out
- If you add to your sharing list the email address of the approver of the submission, you will now correctly receive the approval notification email.
- We resolved the issue of the Edit response URL column not being at all updated in the spreadsheet after a form submission
We are happy to announce that Form Publisher is now also available in Google Sheets! 🎉
What does it mean? You can now mass generate multiple customized documents at once based on predesigned templates using existing data in a spreadsheet. The Form Publisher add-on is available on the Google Workspace Marketplace.
- We fixed an issue with Google Docs templates containing incomplete or partial tables Generating documents no longer breaks because of this issue.
- Form Publisher now separates links in the generated template when multiple files are uploaded under the “File Upload” question.
Annoyed by those validation comments not appearing in the spreadsheet? We put an end to this long-standing issue.
If user notifications broke for you, the culprit might be form replies which contain HTML tags and markup in some of the form fields. This issue is now resolved.
We resolved several issues which broke the regeneration of files in Form Publisher.
Comments now appear in the approval workflow when the status is "Feedback Requested"
You can change the formatting of the <<Workflow Date>> marker
- You can now successfully deactivate a connected template from its Google Form
- You can now use parentheses inside the <<File upload>> marker to display an image. For example, the following marker now works successfully <<File upload(s)>>