Learn how to transfer the ownership of Form Publisher settings from an account to a new one.
Once Form Publisher is set up on a Google Form with a specific account, only this account can edit the settings.
Please read below to know how to transfer the ownership of Form Publisher settings to another account.
1. Transfer the ownership of all your Google documents to the new account
If the previous owner's account and the new account are within the same domain, best would be to transfer ownership of all the following documents/folders from the previous to the new account:
- The template (either a Google Doc, Sheet or Slide)
- The Google Form (add the new account as a collaborator)
- The destination folder
- The responses spreadsheet
If they are not within the same domain, please share the documents to the new account with editing access.
2. Disable Form Publisher from the previous owner's account
Click the add-on icon, then Form Publisher > Form Publisher Status:
Disable the add-on in the sidebar:
This way, Form Publisher will erase the current trigger and the ownership of the add-on.
3. Enable Form Publisher from the new owner's account
Once the Google Form is opened from the new account, open Form Publisher Status again then re-enable Form Publisher:
And that's it! The account that re-enabled Form Publisher has now access to the sidebar and is the new owner of Form Publisher settings on this Google Form.