Our approval workflow lets you easily add a signature to any document you have approved. Read this article to know how to use this option.
1. Insert the 'Workflow signature' marker in your template
First, create a simple table of two cells and adjust their size.
Write ‘Signature’ on the first cell, and add <<Workflow signature>> on the second cell:
Then, remove the borders to make your document look cleaner:
2. Select 'Collect email addresses' in your Google Form settings
Select this if you want your respondents to receive the answer to their request:
3. Save generated file URL and increment in Form Publisher
Configure Form Publisher as usual.
When you reach the ‘Destination Folder & Naming convention’ screen, we advise to select ‘Save generated file URL’ and ‘Save increment’ to better keep track of your workflow:
4. Configure the approval workflow in Form Publisher
Go to ‘Sharing Options and Notifications’, then:
- Add validators
- Select 'Notify people via email'
- Select 'Keep a copy of PDF in Drive'
- Enable 'Validation workflow'
5. Sign the generated document
When you receive a request by email, click 'Approve / Reject':
The Form Publisher web app will then open. You can:
- Add comments (optional)
- Add your signature into the white box (and clear as much as you want until you are satisfied with your signature)
- Click ‘Approve’ or ‘Reject’
To check if it’s working as expected, go to your responses spreadsheet: You should see ‘Approved’ or ‘Rejected’ under ‘[Form Publisher] Validation’.
Your signature will be displayed in the document below, and will be sent as a PDF to all validators and the respondent: