Our approval workflow lets you easily add a signature to any document you have approved. Read this article to know how to use this option.
1. Insert the 'Workflow signature' marker in your template
First, create a simple table of two cells and adjust their size.
Write Signature on the first cell, and add <<Workflow signature>> on the second cell:
Then, right click on your table, click Table properties. A pop-up appears, set the Table border value on 0, this makes your document look cleaner.
2. Select 'Collect email addresses' in your Google Form settings
Select Collect email addresses if you want your respondents to receive the answer to their request.
3. Save generated file URL and increment in Form Publisher
Configure Form Publisher, when you reach the Destination Folder and Naming convention sidebar, we advise to select Save generated file URL, Keep increment and Keep PDF copy in Drive to better keep track of your workflow. Then click Next.
4. Configure the approval workflow in Form Publisher
Go to Sharing Options and Notifications, then:
- Add validators
- Enable Validation workflow
And click Next.
5. Sign the generated document
When you receive a request by email, click Approve / Reject.
You will be asked to log in before being able to sign the request. Click Login with Google.
The Form Publisher web app will then open. You can:
- Add comments (optional)
- Add your signature into the white box (and clear as much as you want until you are satisfied with your signature)
- Click Approve or Reject
To check if it’s working as expected, go to your responses spreadsheet, you should see Approved or Rejected under [Form Publisher] Validation.
Your signature is displayed in the document below, and will be sent as a PDF to all validators and the respondent.