By default, Form Publisher saves the Google Drive URL of each generated document in the Responses sheet in the column [Form Publisher] Doc URL and they provide a list of each generated document as well as easy access to the documents.
Having the generated document URLs in the responses spreadsheet makes it easier to track and open them. We recommend that you keep saving the URLs for this reason.
If, for the purposes of your form and your respondents, you do not need to save the URL of the generated documents, you can switch this option off in Form Publisher.
Form Publisher is already configured for the Google form.
- Start Form Publisher by clicking the Add-ons icon in your Google form and selecting Form Publisher.
- In the pop-up menu, click Launch Form Publisher.
The Form Publisher for Google Forms add-on starts in the lower-right part of the screen and opens the Template and markers page.
- Click the Menu button.
The Form Publisher menu opens.
- Select File generation options.
- Under Response spreadsheet, deselect the Keep file URL checkbox to stop saving the URL of each generated document.
- Click Save to save the new configuration.
For each new form submission, Form Publisher generates the document (Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides), but it will no longer save the Google Drive URL in the [Form Publisher] Doc URL column in the responses sheet.