With the default configuration, Form Publisher saves a PDF copy in Google Drive and the document it generates (Google or Microsoft Office documents).
info Form Publisher always saves a Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides document in Google Drive. This is regardless of the document format you select to send to recipients on the Sharing options and notifications page.
Form Publisher saves Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) documents in Google Drive only if:
- At least one of the recipients is set to receive Microsoft documents
- The Keep PDF copy in Drive option is checked
Form Publisher is already configured for the Google form.
- Start Form Publisher by clicking the Add-ons icon in your Google form and selecting Form Publisher.
- In the pop-up menu, click Launch Form Publisher.
The Form Publisher for Google Forms add-on starts in the lower-right part of the screen and opens the Template and markers page.
- Click the Menu button.
The Form Publisher menu opens.
Select File generation options.
- Under Other options, deselect the Keep PDF copy in Drive checkbox to stop saving PDF copies.
warning When this option is deactivated, Form Publisher also stops saving Microsoft documents in the Google Drive destination folder.
- Click Save.
The next time someone submits a form in the current form, the Google Docs document is generated, but a PDF copy is no longer created.