When you allow respondents to edit their answers, Form Publisher generates a new document every time someone submits an edit. If a respondent makes multiple edits, Form Publisher will generate multiple documents with the same name in the destination folder in Google Drive.
You can configure Form Publisher to save each new edit in the same document.
- Google Forms configuration
- Enable the Collect email addresses option in the Google Forms settings.
- Form Publisher configuration
- Select the Enable response editing option in the File generation options screen in Form Publisher.
- From the Menu in Form Publisher, open the File generation options screen in Form Publisher.
- Select Edit existing files in place.
- Click Save to save the configuration.
Edited answers are now always saved in the original document generated from the first submitted answers.
In other words, Form Publisher keeps only one document in Google Drive regardless of the number of edits a respondent makes.