In specific situations, you might need to allow respondents (the people who make submissions in your form) to also be able to approve the documents generated from their own form submissions.
With Form Publisher, you can enable this by adding an Email question to gather respondents' emails and by also adding the question marker <<Email>> as one of the recipients in the Sharing options and notifications screen.
- Enable Collect email addresses in the Google form settings.
- Add an Email question in your Google form. You can also use another title for the question.
- Make sure that the Email question is required.
- Enable Response validation of the Email question.
- Enable the Approval Workflow option under the Sharing options and notifications screen.
- In the Sharing options and notifications screen, under Add recipient, type the <<Email>> marker for the Email question and click Add.
info Here, you can see that the Email question is used as an example.
In your forms, you can have a different question title. Type the marker that matches the question which you use to collect emails from your respondents.
- Click Save.
Form respondents are now allowed to approve their form submissions.
The next time a form respondent makes a form submission and provides their email in the Email question, they will receive an email with the generated document and a link to Approve / Reject the generated document.