In this article, you will find a few use cases of the approval workflow. You can reuse our templates and adapt them to your needs.
A few approval workflow examples
timer 20 min.
Example: A leave request template
stars What you'll build
- A leave request workflow
- An order form workflow
- An access request workflow
- A trainee attendance workflow
- An internal procedure workflow
- Google Form setup
- Form Publisher template and setup
- Approval workflow process
Workflow use cases
Setting up an approval workflow is useful for:
- Leave requests: An HR receives leave requests submitted by their employees. With the approval workflow, they can quickly approve, reject, or even ask the employees for more information.
- Order forms: A salesperson submits a form to generate an order form. Form Publisher will send it to the client, which can approve or reject the order. If it’s approved, the client can even directly sign the document. Our approval workflow option makes it easy.
- Access permission to a restricted area: A visitor wants to access a restricted site (e.g., Datacenters from a big company) and requests the permission via a Google Form. The authorization document is sent to the head of the company Security Department. They can finally approve and sign the request or reject it.
- Monitoring attendances of your trainees/interns: Every Friday, your trainees fill a Google Form with their attendance day(s) in the company within the past week. Their manager receives their answer by email, and can then validate and sign the attendance document (or reject it).
- Confirming that you've read and signed an internal procedure: Every time a new employee is joining a company (or a new teacher a school/university), this person will have to read and sign some legal documents like the company/school internal procedures.
warning Before reading and reusing our use cases, make sure that you have already read and understood all our articles on approval workflow setup.
1. Create a Google Form for your request and the related template
Or make a copy of our templates from the use cases (learn more: Select your template).
2. Configure Form Publisher on your Form
Then go to the Sharing options & Notifications screen (learn more: Configure Form Publisher).
3. Set up the approval workflow on your Google Form
Add validators to the different requests, and enable the approval workflow (learn more: Set up an approval workflow on Google Form).
Proceed to the next article to know how to approve or reject a leave request: [Use Case 1] HR: Approve or reject a leave request