In this article, you will find a few use cases of the approval workflow. You can reuse our templates and adapt them to your needs.
A few approval workflow examples
timer 20 min.
Workflow use cases
Setting up an approval workflow is useful for:
- Leave requests: An HR receives leave requests submitted by his employees. With the approval workflow, he will be able to quickly approve, reject it or even ask the employees for more information.
- Order forms: A salesperson submits a form to generate an order form. Form Publisher will send it to the client, which can approve or reject the order. If it’s approved, the client can even directly sign the document. Our approval workflow option makes it easy.
- Access permission to a restricted area: A visitor wants to access a restricted area (e.g.: Data centers from a big company) and requests the permission via a Google Form. The authorization document is sent to the head of the company Security Department. He can finally approve and sign the request, or reject it.
- Monitoring attendances of your trainees / interns: Every Friday, your trainees fill a Google Form with their attendance day(s) in the company within the past week. Their manager receive their answer by email, and can then validate and sign the attendance document (or reject it).
- Confirming that you've read and sign an internal procedure: Every time a new employee is joining a company (or a new teacher a school/university), this person will have to read and sign some legal documents like the company/school internal procedures.
1. Create a Google Form for your request and the related template
Or make a copy of our templates from the use cases (learn more: Select your template).
2. Configure Form Publisher on your Form
3. Set up the approval workflow on your Google Form
Add validators to the different requests, and enable the approval workflow (learn more: Set up an approval workflow on Google Form).