Discover our latest releases for Form Publisher!
Release notes for 2023
April 27, 2023
We have resolved an issue on Form Publisher that caused configuration settings to be lost when opening multiple pop-ups. Now, you can safely open various pop-ups without losing your settings.
April 25, 2023
Approval notifications now respect the date formatting in the email body. Dates appeared in the correct user-defined format in response emails, however only the year was shown in the emails sent after approval. Now, all dates consistently display in the user-defined format in emails.
- Form Publisher now prompts you to select a new sheet if you have deleted or hidden the sheet set as a template.
- When you reactivate Form Publisher on an inactive Google Form by toggling the status switch, the add-on will not be considered inactive again for another year.
February 28, 2023
The markers for multiple checkbox questions are now correctly replaced in generated documents, regardless of the type of separators used.
January 11, 2023
During Approval Workflow configuration, you can choose to not attach files to email notifications when form submissions are rejected.
Release notes for 2022
December 29, 2022
The Notify Form respondent option no longer appears deactivated after you click Save in the Sharing options and notifications screen.
December 26, 2022
Form Publisher will now correctly replace the marker of your File upload question in the generated document template, even if the marker contains parentheses.
December 19, 2022
We have resolved an issue with Form Publisher configuration. It is now possible to import settings.
December 5, 2022
We have resolved an issue with Form Publisher configuration. Form Publisher now takes into account the specific sheet you selected during the initial configuration.
December 1, 2022
Form Publisher now considers a form inactive if it hasn’t generated documents for 1 year and 6 months (changed from 2 years). Form Publisher is then disabled on such forms and you must re-enable it in the Form status and account info screen if you want to use the forms again.
November 30, 2022
Form Publisher email notification feature has been extended: you can now receive emails that will help you troubleshoot errors caused by having a restricted third-party Drive app on your domain.
We still recommend deactivating forms you no longer use to avoid getting unwanted email messages from Form Publisher.
November 29, 2022
The Timestamp column is now correctly identified by Form Publisher, whatever language you select in the profile settings of your Google account.
November 21, 2022
When you add a File Upload question to your Google form and create a connected form, the File Upload question is duplicated as Short answer in the connected form.
Form Publisher now generates the File Upload links in the connected responses spreadsheet as long as the question in the connected form is a Short answer question.
November 17, 2022
Form Publisher now sends email notifications to help solve errors when form submissions fail. This notification feature will be rolled out incrementally, to ensure you receive the right level of notifications. We recommend deactivating forms you no longer use to avoid getting unwanted email messages from Form Publisher.
November 15, 2022
The signature field is available if you use the Approval Workflow option with Windows 11 and Firefox.
October 27, 2022
Spreadsheets are now generated correctly after form approval and form response edition, even if you select a specific sheet as a template.
October 18, 2022
The application ownership transfer has been improved. Once you enable Form Publisher with the new account, you can start browsing the existing settings right away. For more details about how to transfer ownership, see our article on Form Publisher Help Center.
October 12, 2022
Form Publisher now considers a form inactive if it hasn’t generated documents for 2 years (changed from 4 years initially).
To use a disabled form, you must re-enable Form Publisher in the Form status and account info screen.
October 10, 2022
Form Publisher can now fetch in-cell images in Sheets templates and include them in generated documents.
October 5, 2022
With this release, if you delete the sheet tab selected as a template, Form Publisher displays an error message and suggests that you select a new template.
September 29, 2022
Form Publisher now displays a tooltip for truncated file names in the dashboard.
September 19, 2022
Form Publisher correctly displays the first item for list outputs with spreadsheet and slide templates.
September 14, 2022
When you configure Form Publisher on a Google form for the first time, you will be prompted to try the form and generate a document. However, if you have already generated 5 documents or more, you will have the option to try the form to generate a document or click Customize more settings and access the menu screen.
September 7, 2022
The marker <<CurrentYear>> is now available. It retrieves the current year in the following format: YYYY. For example, 2022.
You can add this marker anywhere you need to insert the current year in your output: for example, templates, dynamic folder naming, or personalized email notifications.
September 6th, 2022
We fixed an issue in the Form Publisher for Google Forms add-on: you can now use special characters (like *) in markers without failing file generation.
We fixed an issue in the Form Publisher for Google Sheets add-on:
- The Keep PDF value will not be deleted when you save the Naming convention screen.
- Even if your Google spreadsheet doesn't contain any column, you can now successfully save the Form Publisher configuration.
September 1, 2022
Form Publisher will be automatically disabled on Google forms that didn't generate files for more than four years. From the Google form, open Form Publisher and go to the Form status and account info screen to enable it again.
July 21, 2022
This has been a long-time improvement, but it will simplify your life a lot if you use Sheets templates!
You can now choose a specific sheet to use as the template for your documents instead of having to generate a page for all the sheets.
This feature allows you, for example, to have all your templates in the same spreadsheet for convenience, or to have useful information that you do not want to publish in the same spreadsheet as your template.
July 19, 2022
We released a new feature in the Form Publisher add-on for Google Forms that is available if you have configured at least 5 forms with Form Publisher. It is now possible to import settings from another form:
- If you open a new form that has never been configured with Form Publisher, you can import configuration from an existing form from the Welcome screen.
- If your Google Forms is already configured with Form Publisher, you can import a Form Publisher configuration from another form. In that case, it will overwrite the current configuration of the form.
July 7, 2022
With this release, if you select the wrong template (for example, you don't have edit access, or you pick a Microsoft file), Form Publisher will inform you instantly and ask you to pick another.
We solved an issue that prevents users from selecting the field "Is answered by" when setting up Additional templates (with connected forms).
July 6, 2022
Form Publisher for Google Forms
With this release, if you want to use Form Publisher for the first time, it is now possible to skip the demo flow.
June 29, 2022
We solved an issue that prevents Form Publisher for Google Sheets from generating files because of filters and hidden rows in spreadsheets.
June 22, 2022
Form Publisher for Google Sheets
You can now generate files with Form Publisher for Google Sheets when the spreadsheet template contains images in cells.
June 21, 2022
Form Publisher for Google Forms
The Form Publisher onboarding is now simpler and intuitive.
You can now access to the Destination folder, the Email notification, and the Responses spreadsheet directly from Form Publisher.
June 13, 2022
Form Publisher for Google Forms
In this release, we fixed an issue where saving the Save increment option in the File generation options screen was impossible.
Form Publisher for Google Sheet
If you faced an issue where you couldn’t generate documents because Form Publisher was not recognizing you as Editor of the Google sheet, this is now resolved.
June 9, 2022
Form Publisher for Google Sheet
With this release, if you need to generate a long list of files, you will now be prompted to “Continue” the generation from where it left about every hour.
June 2, 2022
We solved an issue that prevents Form Publisher from generating files when the template contained images that were inserted in cells (and not over cells).
The fix is currently available only to the users who are affected. If things go well, we will make it available for everyone.
May 24, 2022
In this release:
- File naming convention is now being sanitized from carriage return characters. If you go to the Naming convention screen and create line breaks, they will be removed when you save the settings.
- Generated file names are also sanitized during the generation process. This prevents line breaks in generated file names, which sometimes prevents you to open the PDF file attached in the email notification.
- We fixed an issue that prevents Form Publisher from opening the Google Picker when selecting Template / Folder.
May 23, 2022
In this release, we updated the date and time markers that no longer lets you type custom date formats in the same field. An input field named Use custom format is now available.
May 9, 2022
In this release, we fixed the following issues:
- Fail loading the Status & Quota screen if Form Publisher cannot retrieve data about Destination folder (none set or if you do not have permissions to access it).
- Fail loading the Personalize email notifications window if there are no recipients in the Sharing list in the Sharing Options and Notifications screen.
May 5, 2022
We fixed links issues in the Settings summary screen where each element was a clickable link that redirected you to a blank page.
April 26, 2022
You should no longer experience error messages when canceling PayPal auto-renewals via the web app.
April 20, 2022
We added a tooltip explaining the result of disabling the Form Publisher Status under the Form status and account info screen.
We solved an issue that prevents the Form Publisher add-on for Google Sheets from working when you open it for the first time in a brand new spreadsheet (empty spreadsheet, without even a title).
April 19, 2022
- In this release, we updated links in each screen help tooltip. They are now pointing to the many updated articles.
- We also added a numeric representation of steps during the installation flow. Now, you will see how many steps there are and how many were done.
April 14, 2022
- In this release, we added a tooltip explaining why Form respondent is greyed out when Approval Workflow is enabled.
- We also added dynamic installation steps to explain what the add-on is currently doing when you are configuring it.
April 7, 2022
We are happy to announce that Form Publisher has a brand new look! 🎉 This release includes a new installation flow, this fresh UI is more intuitive and straightforward. If you need, feel free to check the documentation that is also completely updated.
March 24, 2022
With this release, a duplicate icon now appears next to the duplicate question titles under the Matching markers dropdown (no matter if your question is a date, time, file upload question, and so on).
March 3, 2022
Filtering on date and time in Google Sheets now works better across all timezones.
February 15, 2022
When the Collect email addresses option is disabled in Google Forms and the form contains an Email address question that is not filled properly by the respondents, Form Publisher was not generating documents. This issue is now fixed.
February 9, 2022
We now provide an ISO certificate that is accessible at the bottom page of the Form Publisher website.
February 7, 2022
Google Sheets add-on
- We fixed behavior in the add-on which now warns you that it is not possible to filter empty Google sheets.
- We solved an issue that didn't allow you to change the destination folder after the initial setup.
February 3, 2022
If you cancelled the auto-renewal of your Form Publisher plan, you can now go to Stripe from the Billing page and renew your plan. We're no longer redirecting you to the Pricing page.
January 27, 2022
With this release, if you log in with the wrong account on the approval page, the error message will tell you which account is active and which account is expected for approval.
In the new version of the web app, the Manage plan button is no longer displayed if you are not the owner of a Business plan.
January 17, 2022
- We fixed an issue for the Form Publisher for Google Sheets add-on where filtering Dates and time was not working properly.
- We fixed an issue which prevented Form Publisher from showing a new error message when trying to select a Google Sheets template that contains a chart imported via the Move to own sheet option.
- We fixed an issue which caused Form Publisher to add markers randomly in the Sharing list in some rare instances.
Release notes for 2021
December 22, 2021
Special characters are now supported in markers. For example, you can have form questions, such as Student's name, and then successfully use the marker <<Student's name>> in the template.
Previously, the increment for the generated documents was not reset back to 1 after resetting Form Publisher for Google Sheets. For example, if you reset the settings after having generated 55 documents, the increment for the next documents you generated from Google Sheets would start at 56. This issue is now resolved.
December 6, 2021
Previously, if an approver requested additional information, that approver could not Approve, Reject, or make another request for more information until the respondent edited their response. We are happy to report that is an issue we have now resolved.
November 10, 2021
We have released new email templates that now work with dark and light email themes.
November 3, 2021
- We fixed an issue for the Form Publisher for Google Sheets add-on which prevented you from selecting a new template document.
- We resolved an issue in Form Publisher for Google Sheets where the date in the generated documents did not match the format applied to the date value in the Responses spreadsheet.
October 27, 2021
We are happy to announce that the new Form Publisher web app has been launched! 🎉
- This new version is more stable and provides better performance
- The data can be filtered (by search bar and period of time), sorted, and exported to CSV
- The new web app is responsive
September 23, 2021
We have fixed an issue where the date formats were changing back to the default one after a Google form submission was approved or rejected.
September 16, 2021
We resolved an issue which was causing delays in how quickly the [Form Publisher] Approval status column was updated in the Responses Google sheet after an approver accepted or rejected the generated document.
September 7, 2021
The new Talarian website has been launched. 🎉
As the company behind Form Publisher, YAMM, Awesome Table, and Invoice to Sheet, Talarian is now also featured in the Form Publisher website.
We fixed an issue for the Form Publisher for Google sheet add-on which prevented you from customizing the file naming convention using markers corresponding to your column headers in your Google sheet.
September 2, 2021
While using the custom destination rule option, we noticed that if your Google form contains a long question title which was displayed on multiple lines, the field where you can input the value of your condition is not clickable. We are happy to say that this is now resolved.
August 17, 2021
In this release, the form name and form link are removed from the notification emails about file generation, approval workflow, bulk file generation.
Introducing our new email templates! Your recipients will now see emails with a refreshed design, including a new button that opens the generated file.
August 11, 2021
- Form Publisher for Google Sheets: We resolved several issues related to the mass generation of documents using Google Slides templates.
- If you configured dynamic subfolders for a question title which contains special characters (such as a question mark, and others), the names of the dynamic subfolders were incorrect. This issue is now resolved and subfolders are now correctly named as the answers to the configured question.
July 21, 2021
Form Publisher did not automatically open the Google (Drive) Picker window to prompt you to select a new valid template document in several cases in which it recognized that the currently configured template is not valid (such as changed owners or permissions in the sharing options of the template). As a result, Form Publisher prevented you from changing to a valid template and from generating documents from new form submissions. We're glad to report that this is now resolved and Form Publisher will always prompt you to replace a no longer valid template.
July 14, 2021
- We are happy to announce that we have released the new Custom destination rules feature in the Form Publisher add-on for Google Forms. 🎉 This feature is available under the Destination folder menu.
What does it mean?
- You can now create custom destination rules, with two-levels of destination folders
- You can route a document to a folder and/or a subfolder based on response markers
- Destination rules is editable at any time, and all future files are routed according to new the rules you define
July 12, 2021
- We have fixed an issue where new users added to a domain with a domain based plan would receive a “Email of undefined” message.
July 6, 2021
- With this release, we are addressing a wide range of error messages that appeared while using the Form Publisher add-on for Google Sheets:
- If a Microsoft document is selected as a template, a message now lets you know that only Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides are supported. A new button to select another template has been added.
- Added 30+ new language translations for the error messages handling.
- Did you see the error message “Something went wrong when executing the add-on” after defining the file naming convention? We noticed that too and have now resolved it.
- If a Microsoft document is selected as a template, a message now lets you know that only Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides are supported. A new button to select another template has been added.
We resolved the issue where Form Publisher for Google Sheets suddenly stopped after generating a large number of files.
We fixed an issue with markers added in table cells in Google Slides templates. The markers were not being found and were listed as missing in the generated document.
We fixed an issue that now prevents Form Publisher from adding an additional dash (-) when using checkbox questions, regardless of the selected separator for slides templates.
June 23, 2021
The new marketing website has been launched. 🎉
- Form Publisher web app can now be accessed via https://app.form-publisher.com.
The Form Publisher web app now has a cancel auto renewal button for PayPal users.
The Form Publisher add-on now displays the source of the subscription (PayPal or Stripe) and the Manage Subscription button.
The button is not displayed if the user is under a domain plan and is not the person who purchased it.
- An Upgrade button redirects to the pricing page if the user is under a free plan.
June 15, 2021
- We fixed an issue when personalized emails were giving an [object, Object] value instead of the submitted response.
- We fixed an issue where the users were receiving a "Something went wrong" message when opening the Form Publisher for Google Sheet add-on.
- If you experienced the error message "Something went wrong" while trying to generate files with no empty columns in your Google sheet, this is no longer the case.
June 9, 2021
Duplicate questions are now better handled.
May 27, 2021
- Non-Gmail recipients now receive working view/comment/edit links to the generated Google docs. Previously, they always received a generated PDF file as an attachment.
With this release we are addressing a wide range of errors that appeared while using Form Publisher. Check the list below.
- Several errors appeared when you tried adding new emails as recipients in the Sharing options and notifications tab. These errors are now resolved.
- If Form Publisher keeps showing an error that you need to authenticate for a certain action, you can work around this by logging in to your Google account using Incognito mode in Google Chrome.
May 25, 2021
- The <<Workflow date>> marker is now back to correctly showing the date and time of the approval or rejection of the generated document and not the date and time of when the document was generated.
April 21, 2021
When adding links to documents, Form Publisher now always uses a semicolon (;) to separate the arguments in the HYPERLINK() function. This helps to prevent error values in sheets configured with France or Italy as a locale, in which the comma (,) is not accepted as argument separator in functions.
March 29, 2021
- From the new Form Publisher add-on for Google Sheets, you can now access the Help Center and the Contact Form.
- We noticed that if your generated document contained a long URL which was displayed on multiple lines, the PDF viewers couldn't detect it and only one segment of the url was clickable. We are happy to say that this is no longer the case.
- You can enable the "Edit after submit" option in the "Sharing options and Notifications" sidebar even if you are using an additional template. It will now be successfully generated!
March 22, 2021
- Did you see the error message “Something went wrong when executing the add-on” after you click Select output file formats in Form Publisher for Google Sheets. We noticed that too and have now resolved it.
- Form Publisher in Google Forms started to generate Google Docs templates which no longer included the marker name before the actual marker. For example, if you were used to seeing Venue Name: <<Venue Name>> in the generated Google Docs template, the issue was that now only <<Venue Name>> would appear. We’re glad to share that Form Publisher again adds the marker name.
- When files regeneration is triggered after an edited form response, Form Publisher is back to correctly saving the regenerated files in the configured folder instead of in the root (top-level) folder of your Google Drive, which was incorrect.
March 16, 2021
- A recipient did not receive a notification if you switch their document type to one that is not configured for any of the other recipients. For example, a single recipient did not receive a PDF file if PDF is not configured for any of the other recipients. This issue is now resolved.
- We also resolved the issue of form respondents not receiving a document type which was not configured for any of the other recipients.
March 15, 2021
The issue with new users with approval workflow signatures for whom the form response was not being updated in the spreadsheet is now resolved
March 8, 2021
- We fixed the annoying issue of Form Publisher not saving your selection in the Insert as image check box after closing or minimizing the Form Publisher add-on
- Fixed the file generation issues for forms the questions of which contain special characters ([, ], #, %, $, .) which were also configured with enabled Edit after submit option
March 2, 2021
File names of generated documents are now also updated for forms with Edit after submit enabled
We've resolved Form Publisher issues related to approval emails not being sent out
March 1, 2021
- If you add to your sharing list the email address of the approver of the submission, you will now correctly receive the approval notification email.
- We resolved the issue of the Edit response URL column not being at all updated in the spreadsheet after a form submission
February 25, 2021
We are happy to announce that Form Publisher is now also available in Google Sheets! 🎉
What does it mean? You can now mass generate multiple customized documents at once based on predesigned templates using existing data in a spreadsheet. The Form Publisher add-on is available on the Google Workspace Marketplace.
February 24, 2021
- We fixed an issue with Google Docs templates containing incomplete or partial tables Generating documents no longer breaks because of this issue.
- Form Publisher now separates links in the generated template when multiple files are uploaded under the “File Upload” question.
February 17, 2021
Annoyed by those validation comments not appearing in the spreadsheet? We put an end to this long-standing issue.
February 16, 2021
If user notifications broke for you, the culprit might be form replies which contain HTML tags and markup in some of the form fields. This issue is now resolved.
February 15, 2021
February 9, 2021
We resolved several issues which broke the regeneration of files in Form Publisher.
February 8, 2021
Comments now appear in the approval workflow when the status is "Feedback Requested"
January 28, 2021
You can change the formatting of the <<Workflow Date>> marker
January 21, 2021
- You can now successfully deactivate a connected template from its Google Form
- You can now use parentheses inside the <<File upload>> marker to display an image. For example, the following marker now works successfully <<File upload(s)>>
Release notes for 2020
- You can now update files in place when the form respondents edit their submissions!
- Editing form submissions - enable this option from the sidebar
- Choose to replace generated file instead or creating new copies
New standard marker: <<Link to edit>>
- Generates a link in your template that will read "Click here to edit your response"
- Point to the form so the respondent can edit his response
- An informational tooltip has been added to showcase standard timestamp formats.
- Several date formats are now also suggested for the timestamp via a dropdown menu, while still allowing users to use custom formats. This was made to improve overall UX and save the users time.
- Upon installation of Form Publisher, it is now possible to go directly back to the main menu instead of having to reopen the application from the add-ons menu.
- You can now select a specific timezone in the Form Publisher configuration. The <<Timestamp>> marker in the generated file will be based on this timezone.
- Website dashboard
- Navigation bar not being displayed on the website when approving / rejecting submission
- Parts of the navigation bar disappearing on smaller screens
- Account's email address was missing from the dropdown list in the navigation bar
- Duplicated email and file sending
- Emails were not received after file generation
- When installed on Google Form that doesn't have responses spreadsheet, error message was displayed. Now responses spreadsheet is created automatically (if missing).
- Missing options for the checkbox separator join (Numbered list, Bulleted list, list)
- Buttons were being cut on some Firefox versions
- Add Button on the Sharing Options and Notification screen was not being clickable when adding markers for the email and the markers include ":"
We've completely refactored the rendering framework we were using for Form Publisher. This will make it more stable and responsive to user interactions, while also allowing us to drastically speed up the development and ship new features to the users.
- Website dashboard
- Some users were being redirected to Google Workspace Marketplace when trying to approve / reject a submission
Release notes for 2018
New interface: the interface of Form Publisher has been redesigned for a better
integration with Google Form and to simplify its configuration.
- Possibility to customize the content email by type of notification. It’s now possible to have a different notification for 'Viewers', 'Editors', 'Commenters', 'Microsoft files', 'PDF files', 'Approved files', 'Rejected Files', 'In need of more informations files'.
- Possibility to customize the content of the notification email for the Workflow feature.
- Possibility to export files in Microsoft format. This is now possible from the sidebar 'Sharing Options & Notifications' (see documentation)
- New option to personalize the export parameters of Spreadsheets to PDF. You will now have access to different export option such as Paper Format, Active/Disable Grid, Margins size and more... (see documentation)
- New option to send separate emails to each email address in the 'Sharing options and Notifications' sidebar
- New Facebook Login to approve or reject files in for the Workflow feature
- New column 'Workflow Comment' in the Response Spreadsheet of your Google Form to keep track of the comments in the Workflow feature
- New Twitter Login to approve or reject files in for the Workflow feature
- We updated Form Publisher to be fully compatible with Team Drive (see documentation)
- We added the PDF in attachment in the approved and rejected notification for the Workflow feature
- We improved the Approval Workflow feature of Form Publisher by adding the possibility to sign the generated document on approval. Therefore we added a new generic marker: <<Workflow signature>> (see documentation)
- New marker implemented: <<Form Description>>
- New marker implemented: <<Score>> for the 'Quiz' Google form feature (see documentation)
Release notes for 2017
- We fix the issue that blocked the insertion of “File Upload” markers in the Google Docs table. So you can now do it.
- We improved the “Template” sidebar to display the current Title of your Template.
- We improved the way we manage the header in your spreadsheet response.
- We implement the possibility for you to use markers in the sender name when you personalize emails (see documentation).
- Once again we changed the design of the notifications emails.
- We added the feature of validation workflow. This is the first step of a complex feature, that opens a lot of possibility for the future of the add-on.
- Change the user interface of the add-on for both "template selection" and "folder selection" to reduce the number of steps.
- Change the design of the notification email received when the form is submitted, both file (Sheet, Doc, Slide) and .pdf.
- Implementation of condition for multiple template. You can now generate different templates based on response submitted. (see documentation)
- Switch service to send emails after the form submission. This switch resulted in a new authorization that our users had to give us. But our user privacy and the way we handle emails haven't changed. With the new service, we have increased the daily quota of email that you can send with Form Publisher.
- New feature of multiple template. Create several template for each form submission. (see documentation)
- Adding the possibility to personalize Check boxes separator in the template. (see documentation)
Release notes for 2016
- Adding the possibility to personalize Time question format in the template. (see documentation)
- Chose to display image of file upload field instead of a link to the file in the template (see documentation)
- Displaying the result of the current date format in the "template" sidebar when configuring the add on. (see documentation)
- Form Publisher is now compatible with the new File Upload option from Google Forms (see documentation).
- Templates from Google Slides are now supported in Form Publisher (see announcement).
- New UI for the ‘Sharing options & notifications’ sidebar to better reflect Materiel Design style:
- Adding 'Next / Back' in the sidebars for better navigation.
- Improving design of the email customization window, and adding a new option to personalize the Sender Name:
- Form Publisher pricing for individual accounts increased to $36 a year.
- Improved 'Template' sidebar UI
- Form Publisher UI has been completely revamped and is now using Material Design to make it more user-friendly, convenient to use, and consistent with the new UI of Google Forms.
- New design for 'Get Started' sidebar in Form Publisher:
- When users add the markers <NOW>> or <<Timestamp>>, Form Publisher can now modify users' timezone in our system for troubleshooting.
- We are now using Google Sheets Named Ranges for headers of the columns created by Form Publisher.
- We start to alert users by email when there are technical issues with the configuration of Form Publisher.
- Major update / change of Form Publisher in the submit logic which fixes many bugs. The previous logic was indeed prone to errors: If Form Publisher failed to generate a file for a form submission, we didn't try to generate the missing file again. Now Form Publisher manages better the queue of responses submitted, to make sure that we successfully generate a file for each form response.
- Form Publisher is now available in the new version of Google Forms (see announcement).
- Add automatic installation for a quick start / demo with Form Publisher so that you can configure the add-on in 1-click without going through all the different steps (see documentation).
- New 'Form Publisher Status' sidebar.
- Fix several bugs for writing URLs in your spreadsheet (see documentation).
Release notes for 2015
- Introducing our paid plan ($24 / year) to support the development of Form Publisher (see announcement).
- Form Publisher is now compatible with the new Google Sheets / Google Docs templates (see announcement).
- It is now possible to personalize email notifications directly with Form Publisher (see documentation).
- Introducing a new marker : <<Your question title>> . The previous marker was not really user-friendly and we got bored of it. Note that the previous marker __##Your question title##__ is still supported.
- The increment can now be added anywhere you want thanks to the new keyword <<Increment>>. You can also set the value of this increment. As a transition, for those who have set up the increment for their output doc's title we add the increment keyword at the end of it, so there is no discontinuity.
- Brand new sidebar, "Regenerate files". In this sidebar, you can pick a day and then select the different form responses you'd like to use in order to regenerate files. This way you can either generate files which Form Publisher failed to create on form submission, or regenerate files in order to match a new template.
- Another new sidebar is coming. It will display some information about Form Publisher's status. Right now, it displays whether the add-on is enabled on the form or not and the number of files created through the current form since the beginning of August.
- You can now reset the Form Publisher's settings on a Form thanks to the new button "Reset Settings" in the Form Publisher's status sidebar.
- New tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEy-UwAJD3Y
- You can now save the urls of the different files created by Form Publisher in the Response sheet of your Form.
- You can now send the created Doc or Spreadsheet in PDF format as attachment in the notification emails. You can also keep a copy of this PDF file in your Google Drive. It will be put in the destination's folder of the created Docs or Sheets.
- Fix: Grid questions are now fully supported by Form Publisher. If you want to select the response of a specific row in your grid question, you can use the syntax: __##QuestionTitle [rowName]##__ (note the exact syntax, with a blank between the question's title and the row's name). This is the same syntax that the one used by the Spreadsheet that is collecting the form responses.
- Brand new UI for Form Publisher. It is now easier to set up & edit settings.
- Added Key words, "Timestamp", which will be replaced by the Time stamp, and "Template Title" which refer to the template file's title. You can suggest other key words in the Form Publisher's User voice.
- Fix: You can use either email address or markers in the "Predefined email address" field, both will be recognized.
- If you pick a file instead of a folder as Output folder, the parent folder will be selected (we understand it is difficult to select a folder in the Google Picker dialog).
- You can now add viewers or commenters on the created file. You can also choose to give permission to the respondent. Remember, you can only get the email of the respondent in your Google Apps for Work domain. If you are not in a Gapps domain, you can ask the user to enter his email address in the form and get it with markers
- Fix: Only one mail is sent to the user or recipient of email notification.
- Fix: Not all special characters were recognized and replaced in templates. You can now use any character in your templates
- Tags in header and footer of a Google Doc are now recognized and replaced properly
- Tags in the name of output docs are now recognized and replaced properly
- Because the name of the output can be changed dynamically, the increment may not be useful in that case. So it can now be removed easily by clicking on the “Remove” button next to the “Clear” button. It can also be set up again by clicking the “Set Increment” button.
- Remaining tags are removed from generated files. Sending a form with no answer will also work.
- One (or more) email address can now be set as recipient of email notification.